Biltong can always hold it’s own, but we love to use it in recipes to add an expected twist to our favorite dishes.
This “faux-tato” salad subs everyone’s favorite veggie chameleon, cauliflower (it’s seriously the most adaptable food out there!) in place of potatoes for a refreshing summer side dish.
To make it, you will need:
(serves 4 small portions, double as needed)
-1/2 head of cauliflower (chopped, steamed until just slightly more tender than raw)
- 2 stalked diced celery
- the green ends of a few green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp mayo (you can make your own healthier mayo, )
- a dollop of mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
and of course
- biltong! (as much or as little as you like)
Combine tender cauliflower (after cooling from steaming and draining thoroughly,) celery, mayo, and half of the onion and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste, adjust as needed, then refrigerate. Before serving, sprinkle and stir remaining green onion and biltong.
And of course, enjoy!