Rustic Potato Salad with Biltong & Horseradish Dressing
We can guarantee you that this dish will be your favorite spring and summer salad. It's the perfect picnic companion to your sandwiches or grilling mate to your burgers.
- 11b new potatoes, halved if large
- 3 oz of Biltong
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 /2 bag of spinach or arugula
- 1/4 cup of Horseradish (mustard )
- 1tbsp of mayo
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 1bunch of radishes
- 1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside. (You can also steam your potatoes which is the method that we prefer.)
- 2. Cut of half an inch of the asparagus stem and throw away. Proceed to cut the asparagus into generous bite size pieces. Steam for 10 minutes .
- 3. Meanwhile, you can begin making the dressing. In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of horseradish, 2tbsp of mayo, juice of 1/2 a lemon . Salt and pepper to taste
- 4. Clean,cut and slice the radishes.
- 3. Put the cooked potatoes and asparagus in a bowl with the spinach,biltong and radishes. Drizzle over the olive oil, add the lemon juice, season and toss together.
- Once the salad is fully tossed drizzle the horseradish sauce over bowl.Serve straightaway.